Friday, March 4, 2011

Do you feel lucky?


Do you feel lucky? How about a little good luck charm for St. Patrick's Day!? I saw this craft at the blog by Amanda at Foodie in the Craft Room and had to try it out. She has a tutorial on how they are made by I had to tweak mine just a little bit. She says to keep an eye on the cups when they are in the oven and adjust accordingly so I bumped my temp to 300 degrees. My hats are not perfectly straight but I think it gives them character. Like they are well loved little leprechaun hats that the wind has blown off and sent down the lane.

This is what they looked like when I first started. Please ignore the messy oven...looks like I need to make a chore list for tomorrow.

I don't know if I left them in the oven longer what they would look like? Would they melt a little more and straighten out? I guess I could try that when I buy more cups. But these have personality I think.

Painted and ready for "sparkle"
These were fast and fun to make! I kept some of them for Easter goodies and will have to decorate them tomorrow, as soon as I clean the oven....maybe? lol Now if I could just find a little pot of gold!!! always fun with aunt kadra louise

No comments:

Post a Comment