Thursday, February 24, 2011

My trailer love


Here she is in all her dirt and grime from sitting in the back yard under the trees. Mostly she's been storing all my junk keepsakes. My husband and I totally remodeled the inside in 2005 but didn't get it finished. We did use the trailer when we evacuated from Houston when Hurrican Rita came in. We were lucky to have a place to stay for that week we were gone. So many families were camped out on the side of the road during that 24 hour trip we made just to go to the Whitney/Burleson area. It usually only takes 4 hours to get from Houston to Whitney but the traffic was horrible when so many people were trying to leave at the same time. We didn't suffer any damage at home other than a couple of our roosters flew the coop! A year later we decided to move to Whitney and leave the evacuating to our memories. That is a whole other story....
So I cleaned the outside of the trailer and here is the result

Can you tell the difference? I sure can. I want to paint the outside to match the inside but I'm thinking I need to have a yard sale to raise the money. This trailer will be my headquartes for my blog/craft shop.
I need to get this stuff organized and set up for my fun little adventure. Wish me luck! fun with aunt kadra louise

1 comment:

  1. Hi New Friend!
    I just wanted you to know that I still love my Valentine and I don't want to put it away! It looks so adorable hanging with the others off my fireplace mantle. Also,I read a lot of the Doris Day book you sent - it surprised me in some areas! I am going to pass it on to another DD lover! Have fun with your treasures! I would love to have a little store myself - so I'm interested to see what y ou will do. Hugs, Patti

    ReplyDelete